Life is like an hourglass...Eventually everything hits the bottom and all you have to do is wait it out until someone comes along and turns it around...

Monday, March 14, 2011

Goin' to the chapel and...

...we're gonna get RE-married!

I know it sounds silly to have a wedding after you're already married and even more silly to have a vow renewal ceremony after only 2 years of marriage...But we are not really your average couple!

I was finally able to get Nick to hammer out the details of this ceremony with me last night! I was under the impression we would have more of just a reception because of us already being married. He was not...
His comment was "If there's no wedding, the reception is pointless....we might as well just throw a huge-ass party!"

POINT TAKEN

So, we will instead, have more of a mock ceremony (A horse and pony show for everyone we jipped the first time around) and then have the reception. Just like an actual wedding...minus the legality of it! :)

Here comes the fun part...planning this whole thing while he's away! Yea, I'm going to need help!! The nice thing is that we are both very simple people...I don't need the major dress (As long as the one I DO wear is white and still girly and elegant without being a million dollars) and we don't really need crazy decorations everywhere...

Here is the start of our list:

Picking the date...sometime in January
Picking the place to have it
Getting everyone here to enjoy it!!
Food
Alcohol
Chairs/Tables/Linens
Centerpieces/Other decor
Potential DJ
Dress/suit
Agreeing on a wedding party/attire for them
Aaannnndddd the cake...I hate cake, soooo something we can get to look like a cake without actually being a cake ;p


That's pretty much it for now. The rest will all fall into place as the day gets closer. I AM SO EXCITED!! I have wanted this for so long :D

No comments:

Post a Comment