Life is like an hourglass...Eventually everything hits the bottom and all you have to do is wait it out until someone comes along and turns it around...

Friday, January 17, 2014

Being a grown up is hard work!

The last few days have been CRAZY! My little family is here in New Jersey visiting with some of Hubby's family. We have also been traveling to maryland for him to take a few police tests. The good news is he passed them all! I am so proud of him! The hard part is now having to decide what we are going to do. Pack up our lives and accept a job on the east coast, or have him reenlist and go another twelve years with him in the military. 

Both decisions have their good and bad points...

Taking the Maryland job:
PROS...
Experiencing another part of the country
Getting out of the military
Hubby getting to be close to his family
G getting to be around his other grandparents more
Experiencing more than one season
Meeting new people
CONS...
Moving away from my family and friends
Having to suffer through a snowy winter season
The uncertainty of what life will be like taking this job
Not making as much money
Potentially having G in daycare so I can work

Reenlisting:
PROS...
A guaranteed paycheck for the next 12 years
Retirement
Benefits like health insurance
CONS...
Deployments 
Not having a say about where we live or how long we live there
Being on military time
Never being able to establish a life somewhere

I'm stressed out. But I can't even come close to imagining how stressed out my husband it. Whatever decision he makes not only affects him, but his wife and kid as well. He carries that weight around with him and I feel terrible. 

I wish this was an easy decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment